Tuesday 24 May 2011

Green Lights

I feel that before I start anything I need to share this with you :

I think I have decided that this might possibly, and I am hesitant to say it, be my favourite song ever. I know what you're thinking: BIG CLAIM. But why can't I make that claim? If it isn't my favourite song then it is clearly the coolest song ever made. It drips cool. Just everything about it is perfect. The bass line. The synth. The guitar. The drums. They are all just perfectly constructed. And while he will never be regarded as the greatest singer, I think that his vocals are just brilliant. I don't think you need to have a good voice, in the traditional sense, to be a great singer. Look at Julian Casablancas or Bob Dylan. Both of them have bad voices but they are amazing singers. I always find it quite hard to accept that not everyone agrees with me about this song. If you don't like it then, you know, that's fine. We are allowed to have different opinions. I just probably won't be your friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment